Wednesday, April 14, 2010

thinking about the wrong things

today is a big day for me. My dad is likely leaving town for his job, it will most likely be an overnight trip. I am getting two gamecube games in the mail today, at least i hope i am, and our leader, Jack, over at inklings is returning after what is by my guess around a year long disappearance.

I should be think about those things today, right?
bad news, I am not.

Here is a list of things I AM thinking about:
1. Jellyfish sound kinda cute, but in reality they are quite menacing. they need a better name.
2. groundhog's day has to be the stupidest holiday in history.
3. The conspiracy around area 51 is stupid, but not as stupid as the aurora bomber myth. a plane could not go Mach 12 and the pilot survive.
4. why are there so many conspiracies anyway?
5. My comics seem to be late again; I feel like griping.
6.strawberries taste good in milk.
7. why do I, of all people, wake up with porcupine hair every morning?

Clearly I am thinking about the wrong things today. Does this ever happen to the rest of you?

2 comments:

Dad said...

Some corrections.

The Aurora is not a bomber, it is a spy plane, it does not fly at Mach 12 it is rated at Mach 8. With the proper equipment the human body is more than capable of surviving those speeds. Speed is not the problem but acceleration g-forces are. A person will blackout once those forces reach a point that the blood stops flowing to the brain. What level of gravitational force causes this depends on the type of g-suit a pilot is wearing.

Anonymous said...

Dude, we ALL think about the wrong things at the wrong times. I, for instance, find myself thinking 'if soap gets dirty, how do you clean it?' when I'm supposed to be doing algebra or even wondering if I can get a slushie from the corner store when I should be riding a horse... And I totally agree with you about jellyfish. 'Jellyfish' makes them sound huggable.
Emma
PS: I wake up with porcupine hair every morning too, but I'm guessing it's worse then yours because mine goes to the middle of my back- think jellyfish tentacles. ;)