Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why I am an optimist

If one were to analyze the past few years of my life, one would wonder why I am an optimist. My Girlfriend used me to get another guy. I lost a younger sibling, and I have had three computers crash. I twisted my knee and permanently injured it. I got kicked out of a writers club in an ugly debate, and then I lost a lot of my writing.

My life was pretty terrible.

Shortly after I was kicked out of Inklings, I went to praying, and got saved. My life has had a pretty quick turn around. I started writing again, I rejoined Inklings, and not only that, I was made assistant leader. I then Finished my first book, caught up in all subjects except math, and have a new sibling on the way.

Things could not look better in all honesty. My writing is improving in leaps and bounds. I have good friends, I am reading my Bible. I am catching up in school. I will graduate soon.
The one thing that greatly delights me is My new Sibling Boo on the way, if one wants to hear all the drama about it I will send you to my momma's blog, but let's just say it has been a rough turn of events that are looking up now.

I wish I could explain how great my life feels now, but there was one thing missing. Of all the things that went wrong,t he one I never got over was the way my girlfriend had used me. We had been childhood friends so it hurt doubly. Since then I have read and read and I know now we were never meant to be, our lives were headed in different directions.

In recent times it has been easier to put that aside. I am now moving forward, and I will not look back. I have however said I would never love again until I was on my own and ready to Marry.
Things just never turn out the way I plan them.

On March 23rd I met Kinderline, and she joined Inklings. It was not long before we both got flustered, and admitted we liked each other. It was funny really, because we were both sure the other did not feel the same way.

In truth. I never really thought I would move on. No person would ever truly understand me, so I never expected to truly care about someone. Kinderline is different though, as she does understand me. Sometimes as well as I understand myself. We have long gone over debates, and have been discussing things, and I honestly say she is one truly special girl.
And the best part of all, is she is My Girlfriend.

So one may wonder why I am an optimist, I must tell them that after my bleakest years, everything came together. It has been a two year emotional roller coaster, and even if I regret some decisions, I would never for the life of me turn back the clock. My life has turned out better in the end.

That is why I am optimist.

My Girlfriend's post

4 comments:

Jessica Rebekah said...

Hey Adam!

I'm happy for you! =)
I hope things just go from better to better for you.

God bless
~Jess

Jordan Chamblee said...

Hey, Adam . . . I don't own a necktie for you to hang me with, but I decided to comment anyway. Congrats! (If that's the right thing to say on this occasion?) And my the road you have just stepped onto lead you to happiness.

How poetic. I shall hafta remember that one!

Anna said...

Congratulations Adam!

God Bless you and Kindy!

Love
Lauren ( Anna )

Kinder said...

ILOVE THIS POST :D :D just thought I'd say that.^_^
goodgravy, you're right Adam, your post is more understandable than mine :P
But, I guess that's what people are going to have to be stuck with unfortunately. Cause...I don't know where it's confusing :P sorry, ^_^