Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm starting to get known for these

Thought I would do something fun today, I very rarely listen to Secular music, but when I do like one, I keep track of it. I'm Not gonna bother confining this to 5 or ten or whatever, this is just a short list of secular music in no particular order that I personally like.

This is how a heart breaks By Rob Thomas
I like this song a little, I mean it's ok, but in all honesty, the music video is awesome.

Son of Man by Phil Collins
Ok I know what you're thinking, this is a Disney song, so it doesn't count, and I would have to say honestly I think it does. Many of you have asked me the inspiration of the character "The Cloak" From my Nithcur King book, and the Answer is: Disney's Tarzan. It may seem like a stretch, but the idea did come from there, and especially this song.

Down to Earth by Peter Gabriel
WALL-e was undoubtedly one of Pixar's finest films. The ending was particularly great, and this song at the end just made it all that much better. It's as beautiful as the film it was written for.

When I Was Your Age by Weird Al Yankovic
Ok this is Weird Al, Everyone loves him, but if I had to pick a favorite, I would choose "When I Was Your Age".
"Didn't have no lawn mower, had to use our teeth to cut the grass!" LOL

Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars
Not sure I know what the writer's original meaning was, but what I took away was: We were made to be rulers of the world, but we have fallen and destroyed whatever God meant for us to be. I quite honestly doubt that was the intent of the song, but whatever their true intent was, I quite honestly like it.

Do what you want By OK GO
Kinda hard to pick a favorite OK GO video, they have some of the most enjoyable music videos ever, but if I had to pick one, this would be it.

Bad Day - Daniel Powter
Ok not my favorite ever, but it's good, and makes a decent pick-me-up.

Little Wonders by Rob Thomas
No doubt my favorite secular song, actually one of my favorite songs period. It was played at the end of Meet the Robinsons, and while I love the film, I love the song more.

I hope you all enjoyed my collection here, and I will post something serious later on, I just felt like having a little fun.



No comments: