Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A chapter closed.

I sit here writing this and I don’t even know why. Words have always been something I have an abundance of and yet even I don’t have the words to describe what has happened to me over the past month. TO say that my world shattered would be an understatement. To say that my life took an unexpected turn would also be an understatement.

A year and a half ago Me and Kinderline entered a relationship that grew rapidly. Two months ago we got engaged. I was quite happy. Everything was going smoothly and I didn’t see any problems, but there were. Kinderline never told her family anything, and when everything fell apart for her, I got upset, but I hoped we could still have a future.

That was however not the case, as a month ago today, Kinderline officially broke up with me. My life went from great to horrible in seconds, and I fell flat on my face.

Through that though I’ve learned more about myself and even what I want in life. During my relationship I lost track of my writing, and in many ways I also lost track of my family. Over the past month I have been rethinking who and what I am, and I realize first and foremost, I am loyal to my God and my family, and I am also truly a writer. No relationship should ever take that away from me, and this is where I draw the line.

While I was happy, inevitably I would have wound up miserable, as I was not who I was meant to be, not even what I wanted to be. I was what someone else wanted out of me. Anyone who knew me realized I quit joking, quit writing, quit hanging around my family. I was falling away, and deep down I knew it, I just didn’t want to accept it.

And so that chapter has closed on my life. I don’t know what is held in store for me in the future, but I know this. I can’t fix everybody else’s problems, no matter how hard I try, and I can’t just forget who I am for someone else.

As for the Legends of Adam Brewer
There are many tales left to be told.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Hey 8-)
I'm sorry about this, I truly am. I know that betrayed trust isn't easy to get over and I'm sorry you have to go through that. I don't think I have anything comforting to say...I know things like this take time, but, I also know God will always be there for you. And, really, changing for anyone isn't good. Someone who really loves you would love you as yourself.
I'll pray for you. Who knows, God might have something special in plan for you very soon.
If you need to talk sometime, you can find me on gmail.

Jack